International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy (Master)
Master of Arts - Taught in English - ACQUIN accredited
International Relations enables students to deal with complex situations that result from a globalized society and economy. Profound knowledge of international aspects in politics, society and economy, as well as flexibility and a strong focus on intercultural matters are core features of the Berlin-based programme "International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy".
Cultural Diplomacy aims to faciliate and improve relations and collaboration between disparate cultures. International Economics combined with cultural diversity opens new horizons in a globalized economy that is based on intercultural understanding.
Why choose this programme?
- Selection of a programme with regular length or a fast track programme
- Unique combination of competencies in academic disciplines related to international aspects of policy, society and economy
- Particular emphasis on cultural diplomacy and its historical and contemporary application in the public and private sector and civil society
- Taught entirely in English
- Excellent location: central Berlin
- First degree (Bachelor, Master, Magister, Diploma or equivalent)
- Minimum of one year professional experience in a position of responsibility following graduation
- Good command of the English language enabling study in this language
- Participation in a detailed introductory interview
Duration of studies
- The regular programme consists of 120 ECTS credits in total and has a duration of four semesters
- The fast track programme consists of 90 ECTS credits in total and has a duration of two or three semesters (according to your demands)
- Both are entirely taught in Berlin (Germany) and hosted by the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy
- Experts from Furtwangen University (HFU) will come to Berlin to hold their lectures
- Students will be supported using online tools such as learning management and video-conferencing systems
The degree prepares students for careers in diverse fields, such as international relations, politics and culture, the humanities, business and the financial sector with a special focus on cultural diplomacy institutions and the application of cultural diplomacy in the framework of foreign policy and international economics.