The degree for women who want to get things moving

Increasing globalisation requires experts who can see beyond a single company’s field of activities and who are able to design and optimise business processes for entire groups of affiliated companies. Specialists who are also able to design and implement state of the art technical IT solutions for these tasks are in high demand in the German IT market.

Business Networking (eBusiness), our business information systems programme focusing on ebusiness and geared specifically towards women, focuses on the various key areas of management information systems, transaction processing systems, decision support systems and executive information systems. Students may choose to specialize in Tourism/eTourism or Marketing. Our graduates have career opportunities in all sectors of the economy. If you are interested in eBusiness and you enjoy working with people and in international settings, then Business Networking (eBusiness) is the right programme for you.

Quick Information

Degree awarded Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Undergraduate / postgraduate degree undergraduate
Duration of programme 7 semesters
Delivery full-time
Campus Furtwangen
Programme begin summer semester (March) and winter semester (October)
Application deadline(s) 15 January & 15 July
Restricted intake 10% of places reserved for international students
Language of instruction German
Academic entry requirements university entrance qualification / individual circumstances and qualifications will be considered
Language requirements fluent German
Pre-sessional or foundation course requirement none
Additional requirements women only
Tuition fees none
Programme accreditation ACQUIN
Contact SDek-WNB@hs-furtwangen.de

Establish contacts with the world of business right away

Right from the start we help our students establish contacts with the world of business in various ways:

Mentoring programme
To gain initial insights into the world of employment, every female student is assigned a mentor from industry during the first semester of studies.

Role models
Successful businesswomen regularly visit Furtwangen to talk with students about their experiences and to offer career advice.

University Recruitment Fair
Twice a year
at the university recruitment fair our students have the chance to learn about companies they might be interested in, establish first contacts and gather information on placements and thesis topics.

Career Perspectives

Graduates of our women-oriented  e-business information systems programme are qualified in the following areas:

  • Problems analysis and identification of opportunities
  • Design of application systems for networked companies
  • Design of solutions for individual companies or interdepartmental IT solutions
  • Implementation of solutions using standard software systems
  • Management of consulting assignments and project team leadership
  • User support and training during introduction and deployment of supporting information systems
  • IT consultancy for clients and management

Applications and Admissions

90% of places on the Business Information Systems bachelor’s degree programme are allocated according to a selection procedure based both on the applicants’ suitability and motivation for the programme and on their intended career. The remaining 10% are allocated to international students.

The selection procedure takes into consideraton academic qualifications and other achievements such as vocational training, practical experience, extracurricular activities and more than three months’ work experience abroad.

Further Information in German

Please note that our Business Networking programme (Wirtschaftsnetze) is taught entirely in German.

You will need excellent German skills in order to apply for the programme. If you have sufficient language skills, you can find more detailed information on the programme as well as details on how to apply on our German pages.

Contact Information

For more information about programme please contact: SDek-WNB(at)hs-furtwangen.de