- The International Center can assist exchange students to find accommodation upon request. This is either in student Halls of Residence or, in Schwenningen only, also in private accommodation. (Please note that only a limited number of rooms are available in the student Halls of Residence.
- Students in a Master's programme or the International Business Management Bachelor's programme will receive assistance in finding accommodation from the relevant programme coordinator in the faculty.
Student Halls of Residence
There are Halls of Residence in Furtwangen and Schwenningen run by Student Services Freiburg and by private companies.
|Halls of Residence||Operated by Student Services in Furtwangen|
230 flats (approx 15m²), 36 shared 2/3 bedroom flats, furnished/internet and cable incl./all rooms equipped with basic kitchen and bathroom facilities/rent c. €240/mth
|Albert-Schweizer-Haus||76 individual rooms, approx. 11- 16m²/furnished/internet and cable included/communal kitchen and bathroom facilities/rent c. €240/mth||website||Furtwangen|
- Both Halls of Residence are within 10 minutes walk of the university.
- The rooms for exchange students are furnished and have internet connection.
- In addition there are common rooms, a library, computers and washing machines.
- Bedding is supplied. Some dishes can be borrowed from the International Center or they can be bought cheaply in a local supermarket.
- The minimum rental period is a complete semester (= 6 months). In the summer semester this is from March to August, in the winter semester this is from September to February.
- The rent (c. €240/mth) must be paid throughout the complete rental period. A deposit of €400 must be paid before arrival.
|Halls of Residence||Operated Privately in Furtwangen|
|9 flats with 4-6 rooms (19-26m²), each with 2 bathrooms, a shared kitchen and a common room, €240-275 incl. utilities, furnished flats - €10 extra||website||Furtwangen|
|26 rooms w/ bath or shower, kitchen|
or some as shared flats.
furnished / incl. cable and internet
|Shared Student Flats Marktplatz||10 flats (2-5 rooms) directly next to auditorium, fitted kitchen and shower/bath, internet, almost completely furnished, 42 rooms in total, rent including utilities €220-250/mth||website||Furtwangen|
|Studentenwohnheim Unterallmendstraße (at I-Building)||3 flats, 5 room sizes, w/bath, washing machine, kitchen, dishwasher, incl. cable and internet||website||Furtwangen|
|Wohngemeinschaft-Wohnheim WG-Aral||3 flats, ten minutes walking distance from uni||website||Furtwangen|
|DreiGe-Wohnheim (former hospital)||58 rooms (9 x 2 sharing a 2-bedroom flat / 10 x 4 sharing a 4-bedroom flat), partially-furnished, laundrette in basement, incl. satellite TV and internet||website||Furtwangen|
|Integrative Shared Flat||Rooms for disabled and non-disabled students, close to campus, organised by Bruderhaus-Diakonie||email|
Tel. 07657 910730
|Shared Student Flats Marktplatz 12||11 flats, unfurnished rooms in 2 shared flats with kitchen, dishwasher, bathroom, washing machine and dryer, internet.||website||Furtwangen|
|Halls of Residence||Operated by Student Services in Schwenningen|
|Schramberger Straße||29 Zimmer mit Waschbecken, ca. 13 qm, möbliert, WLAN incl., 185 Euro||Schwenningen|
|Halls of Residence||Operated Privately in Schwenningen|
|Student housing in Austraße 8||27 individual flats, rent incl. utilities: €255-355/mth, laundry facilities, dryer, parking and bikestand, furnished, phone, internet and TV connection||Schwenningen|
|Student housing in Bürkstraße 39||30 x individual flats, 3 x 5-bedroom shared flat, 3 x 4-bedroom shared flat, rent incl. utilities: €175-230/mth, furnished, phone, internet||website||Schwenningen|
|Neckar apartments Bergstraße 6+8||Single and double flats, furnished, for 79 people in total, €250-410/mth plus utilities of €83-100/mth, cable TV and internet||website||Schwenningen|
|Students Lake House|
|Single and shared flats, furnished, from 20m², from €350/mth including utilities, internet, washing machine, dryer, bikestand, TV connection||website||Schwenningen|
Of course it is also possible to rent a single room or to live in a shared apartment and many students do this. Rents vary depending on the location, the furnishings and what is included in the rent. Normally they are not furnished and are more expensive than Halls of Residence.
Student Services Freiburg (Studierendenwerk Freiburg - SWFR) can also help you find private accommodation in Furtwangen and Schwenningen. You can also find accommodation through the local newspapers, the Südkurier and the Schwarzwälder Bote.
As there are no student Halls in Tuttlingen, only private accommodation can be organized and the International Center is happy to help you with this. In Tuttlingen there is also an Accommodation Search internet site set up by the town especially for students.
Contact for Furtwangen
Schreiberstr. 12 - 16
Telephone: 0761 2101-204
Contact for Villingen-Schwenningen
Telephone: 07720 9932245
The minimum rental period is one complete semester (= 6 months). In the summer semester this is from March to August, in the winter semester this is from September to February.
The rent must be paid throughout the complete rental period and a deposit must be paid at the time of reservation.
When you first arrive in Germany, you must register your address with the local town hall and they must also be informed of a change of address within 10 days if you change flats even if the move is within the same town.