Industrial Materials Engineering (Bachelor)
Bachelor of Science
Degree programme in Industrial Materials Engineering
The Industrial Materials Engineering programme focuses on the use and design of modern materials in all technological fields, especially medical equipment.
Industrial materials engineering is an interdisciplinary, creative degree programme using both chemistry and physics for practical applications.
The most exciting part? When you study on the Tuttlingen campus, you study with 100 companies from the region!
Core areas of study
- Manufacturing technology
- Materials science and testing
- Surface and nanotechnology
Career opportunities for materials engineers are excellent! Because of the growing complexity of product development and the integration of a variety of functions in technical components, innovative materials – and their processing and application – are increasingly becoming a key technology.
- Product development, improvement, and feature optimisation
- Quality assurance and materials testing
- Manufacturing engineering and process development
- Materials analysis
Beginning of programme: winter semester
Duration: seven semesters (one practical training semester as part of the course)
Application deadline: 15 July
Degree: Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Good reasons for studying materials engineering
- Cooperating businesses
- A degree programme developed with input from industry
- Direct access to more than 100 leading companies
- Cutting-edge industrial laboratories and the use of companies’ own laboratories
- Excellent career opportunities
- The latest technological standards