Industrial MedTec (Bachelor)
Bachelor of Science
Degree programme in Industrial Medical Technology
Study medical engineering in the global centre for medical technology! The Industrial Med Tec programme on the Tuttlingen campus focuses on the development and design of medical appliances, surgical instruments, and implants. And that's no surprise, since Tuttlingen is home to over 400 medical technology companies.
This degree programme within the field of health sciences provides technical expertise that students can later use when working as engineers. Medical engineering is currently one of the fastest-growing industries.
Core areas of study
- Surgical instruments
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Medical appliances
Career profile and opportunities
Advanced medical care is not possible today without highly developed medical products and instruments, making a medical engineer’s career opportunities plentiful.
Industrial MedTec engineers plan, supervise, and lead the development and manufacturing of instruments and complex medical appliances and develop the necessary manufacturing processes.
- Development of new medical products and equipment
- Specialised medical engineering application tasks
- Development and commission of laboratory and medical facilities
- Cooperative and supervisory positions in companies and clinics
- Quality assurance
- Marketing and sales, product management
Beginning of programme: winter semester
Duration: seven semesters (one practical training semester as part of the course)
Application deadline: 15 July
Degree: Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Good reasons for studying Industrial Med Tec
- Cooperating businesses
- A degree programme developed with input from the industry
- Direct access to more than 100 leading companies
- Cutting-edge industrial laboratories and the use of companies’ own laboratories
- Excellent career opportunities
- The latest technological standards