The Industrial Med Tec programme is based on a wide variety of mechanical engineering fundamentals. The more in-depth focus in later semesters is derived directly from the core priorities and key areas of Tuttlingen's medical engineering companies.
The most important aspects of the course are therefore medical appliance engineering, surgical instruments, implants, and minimally invasive procedures.
Graduates primarily go on to work in the development of medical appliances and systems, the construction and manufacturing according to medical standards, and the planning of medical facilities.
The Medical Engineering Degree Programme – Very Practical!
http://www.hfu-campus-tuttlingen.de/studiengaenge/industrial-medtec/Studying medical engineering in Tuttlingen means you’ll study with 100 companies! Starting as early as the first semester, students are able to take advantage of the following practical opportunities as a result of the university’s strong links with industry:
- Placements in company laboratories
- Lecture series with experts from the industry
- Introduction to the specialist field of medical engineering with six to eight cooperating companies
- Mentoring by skilled experts and management staff from companies in the industry
- Placements focusing on the fundamentals of materials engineering, electrical engineering, physics, automation technology, computer science, metrology, and sensor technology
- Industrial placements focusing on medical appliance engineering and minimally invasive procedures
- Projects (such as product development, medical engineering, and student-designed projects) with industry partners