Designing, constructing and producing electronic products and components
Everyday products today are unthinkable without electronics whether in communication, entertainment, automotive electronics or building services engineering. We are seeking applicants with an interest in such innovative technologies.
The study programme will show you, for example, how
- electronic circuits are developed and built
- to produce energy-conserving and environmentally sound electronic systems
- an idea becomes a product
- devices become even smaller and more efficient (e.g. iPod)
Reasons for studying with us
- Electronics offers excellent prospects
- Hands-on approach and close links with industry
- Small groups and excellent support
- Interesting and up-to-date teaching content
- Closely linked to the content of technical computer science
- Soft skills
- Opportunities and support for studies abroad
- University has a long history in this subject area
- Further qualification through master programme possible
Students have the option of switching between electronics and technical computer science specialisations.
Electronics Engineers Create our High-Tech Products and Secure Our Future
Our programme focuses on gaining proficiency, allowing you to understand, develop and produce electronic systems. Additionally, our graduates will be able to manage and distribute such systems as engineers. Thus our study content focuses very much on gaining specialist skills within a hands-on training situation. Lectures are joined with internships and tutorials as well as projects throughout the duration of the programme. The focus here is on electronic systems, known generally as hardware, which today contains a significant amount of software, too.
Electronics Engineers: Skills Much Sought by the Industry
Upon graduation many industrial sectors will be open to you. The classic starting point for many of our graduates is the development of new products. Here ideas, creativity and specialist skills are required. Other professional sectors include product management. production or distribution.
The range of companies includes companies for information technology products as well as companies which use hardware-related information technology for production purposes or as integrated components.
These companies can be from the following sectors:
- information and communication technology
- measurement , control and feedback technology
- energy systems
- automotive and avionic
- safety engineering and -systems
- instrument electronics
Demand for electronic engineers is currently even greater due to the general lack of engineers thus your career prospects are very good!