What services do we provide?
Computer Services provide a wide range of technical and organisational IT services:
- Provision of a secure and efficient communications infrastructure
- Maintenance of modern central servers
- Comprehensive IT support
- Provision of up-to-date information on IT issues
Professors and other university staff are entitled to use all available IT services and can contact Computer Services staff for advice and support at any time.
The following services are available to faculties:
- Computer labs with selected software to aid in classroom activities
- Secure email and web services
- Backup services
- Configuration support for the installation and use of individual IT services
Upon enrolment, all students are authorised to access systems and services including the following:
- Log-in access to all computers in the computer lab
- Internet access
- Personal webpage and user space (disk space)
- Personal email address (usually email@example.com), especially for correspondence with all university facilities
- The use of licensed software
- Access to WLAN access points on campus
Computer Services is also happy to help with practical training and thesis research.
How to contact us
Support for all our services is available from the Servicedesk or at extension -9585.
Computer Services staff are always happy to help. Individual advice can be obtained by visiting our offices in:
- Furtwangen - Room C 1.11
- Schwenningen - Room D 3.04
- Tuttlingen - Room A 2.04
Opening hours: weekdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon