Student Union (AStA)
The Student Union (Allgemeine Studierendenausschuss - AStA) currently consists of 15 members; six for the Furtwangen campus, five for the Schwenningen campus and four for the Tuttlingen campus. Five of these Student's Union members are simultaneously members of the Senate. Of these, two representatives for the Furtwangen campus, two for the Schwenningen campus and one for the Tuttlingen campus. Additionally, the Student's Unionl is represented in a number of committees such as the QM Board - Senate Advisory Committee, the Scholarship Selection Committee (Stipendienwahlausschuss) and the IMZ Committee among others.
The Student's Union represents students university-wide on all issues. Each and everyone does their part to ensure that students at the university can complete their studies as successfully as possible and in the most comfortable conditions possible. We try to ensure this at university-level by:
- Actively contributing to the Study and Examination Regulations (Studien- und Prüfungsordnungen)
- Participating in statutory bodies
- Ensuring the quality of teaching from the students‘ point of view
- Maintaining contact with the rector and the university’s institutions
- Administration of the 5% pools (5% of study fees)
- Establishing and running leisure activity clubs
- Offering various advisory services (BAföG, hardship provisions)
- First semester orientation
- Cooperation with Faculty Student Councils
All Student's Union members are volunteers.
Further Information and Contacts
All information about the Student Council can be found on their website at http://www.asta.hs-furtwangen.de/. Please note that unfortunately all information is currently in German only.
The Student Council offices (where you can meet students and the student representatives who can give you the information in English, too!) are located:
Tel.: +49 7723 920-2301
Fax: +49 7723 920-2298
Tel.: +49 7720 307-4239
Fax: +497720 307-4239
Tel.: +49 7461 1502-0
Fax: +49 7461 1502-6201