Study options for foreign students
Foreign students at Furtwangen University can choose between three different study options:
|1.||a first or undergraduate study programme which is awarded with a Bachelor's degree||more info|
|2.||a further post-graduate study programme which is awarded with a Master's degree||more info|
|3.||a temporary study programme lasting one or two semesters for exchange and visiting students||more info|
Applications for Bachelor Programmes by Foreign Students
EU citizens and applicants who hold a German university entrance qualification (so-called Bildungsinländer) are treated in the same way as German citizens and are subject to the normal application and admissions procedures.
Applicants with a foreign school leaving qualifications must first have their certificates recognized by the Centre for International Students Constance (Studienkolleg) before applying. Click here for more information about entrance requirements for foreign students.
Quota of places for international applicants
International applicants from outside the EU who are interested in pursuing a full degree at Furtwangen University have a 10% quota of places set aside for them in degree programmes with restricted entry. This does not apply to master's programmes or any degree programmes with an international focus (currently IBM). Places for the IBM degree programme are divided equally between non-EU and EU applicants (incl. German nationals).
Tuition fees for foreign students
According to the new BW State University Tuition Regulations, starting in Winter Semester 2017/2018 international students, must pay tuition fees in Baden-Württemberg. From this time, international students who enter the EU for the purpose of studying will be required to pay tuition fees of €1,500 per semester.
Exceptions to the rule:
- students from the EU and the European Economic Area
- Bildungsinländer (those who completed their German high school qualifications (Abitur) in Germany but are not German citizens) regardless of nationality
- International students who have enrolled in a study programme before the 2017/2018 Winter Semester
- Exchange students within the framework of reciprocal country and university agreements
- Exchange students taking part in a double/joint degree programme
- ERASMUS programme participants
More information can be found under Tuition Fees.