What is the HFU-Card?
Your HFU-Card not only serves as a means of identification, but also enables you to access a variety of university services including campus dining, libraries, copying and retail purchases in the university store. To access these services, you must first load funds onto a debit account on your HFU-Card.
- Membership ID
Important: every semester after re-enrolment, students must update their HFU-Card. This is done at the InterCard machines which are situated in front of the cafeteria on the Furtwangen campus (Building A), in front of the Examinations/Registration Office on the Schwenningen campus (room B 0.05), and in front of the Examinations/Registration Office on the Tuttlingen campus (room A 2.10).
- Electronic key
For access outside official HFU opening hours
- ID for library access
- To all HFU libraries
- To libraries of the BW Cooperative State University in Schwenningen
Note: Library users must use their HFU-Card to pay inter-library loan charges and any library fines.
- Electronic wallet with payment function
- Effective in all dining halls and cafeterias of Student Services Freiburg (SWFR - Studentenwerk Freiburg) in Freiburg, Furtwangen, Kehl and Schwenningen
- A discount of approximately 10% is given if the HFU-Card is used for cashless payments in the cafeteria.
- In the SWFR dining halls, cashless payment with the HFU-Card is the only accepted form of payment. In exceptional cases, you can top up the card with cash.
MensaCard for visitors
Visitors and staff from other institutions and agencies can buy a dining hall card known as the MensaCard in the cafeteria in Furtwangen and in the dining halls on the other campuses of the university. The MensaCard is issued upon payment of a €7 deposit, which, along with any balance remaining, is refunded upon return of the card.
Issuing the HFU-Card
The HFU-Card is issued to all new students in the first week of lectures.
- Furtwangen: Examinations/Registration Office, A 1.19
- Schwenningen: Examinations/Registration Office, B 0.05
- Tuttlingen: Examinations/Registration Office, A 2.10
Loading your HFU-Card
To use the payment function of the HFU-Card, you must first load funds onto a debit account on your HFU-Card.
Machines for loading money onto the card (using an EC card) are situated in the following campus locations:
- Furtwangen: entrance area, Building A
- Furtwangen: in front of the cafeteria
- Furtwangen: in the dining hall
- Schwenningen: in front of the Examinations/Registration Office (B 0.05)
- Schwenningen: at the BW Cooperative State University, in the foyer opposite the library
- Tuttlingen: in front of the Examinations/Registration Office (A 2.10)
You can also load money onto your HFU-Card using an EC card at the cash register in the dining hall or the cafeteria. In exceptional cases, you can load the card using cash at the cash register in the cafeterias in Furtwangen and Schwenningen.
Paying with your HFU-Card
Simply touch either side of your HFU-Card on the card reader at the cash register. You do not need to remove the card from its protective cover. The payment will be made within two seconds.
Problems with your HFU-Card
If your HFU-Card is lost or damaged, please contact:
Furtwangen Admissions Office, A 1.25
Telephone: +49 (0)7723 920-1232
Loss of the HFU-Card
If you lose your HFU-Card, you cannot be reimbursed for any remaining credit. A replacement card will be issued for a fee of €10.