Information for Students
What is system accreditation?
Furtwangen University is one of the first universities in Germany to be awarded the highly sought-after system accreditation seal of approval by ACQUIN, the Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute Bayreuth. System accreditation confirms that our quality standards are high and that we are committed to maintaining a culture of quality. It guarantees the high quality of all our academic programmes, not only individual study programmes.
As part of the process, our quality management system was examined on all 3 campuses by the teams of experts from ACQUIN and random parts of various degree programmes were evaluated.
The long and rigorous process leading to accreditation explains why we are only the eleventh university in Germany and only the second University of Applied Sciences nationwide to become fully accredited.
What does system accreditation mean for you as a student?
- You are studying at a leading university which has set itself high quality standards and is committed to ongoing quality development
- Your degree programme is accredited and meets the requirements of the German Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs, the German Rectors’ Conference and the Accreditation Council
- A BA or MA degree from Furtwangen University with the accreditation quality seal is a prestigious qualification
- A master’s degree with this approval offers career opportunities at higher levels of the German civil service
- Degree programmes at HFU are regularly reviewed and improved
- Surveys on lectures, student workload and satisfaction with the quality of service are carried out regularly
- Students at HFU are closely involved in developments at the university and the programmes offered, e.g. through the departmental committees or in the cross-faculty quality management board
How can you get involved?
The QM Board – Senate Advisory Committee advises the Senate committee on all quality issues related to academic matters. The board is made up of representatives from the Board of Executives of the university, the faculties, the administration and the student body. Two student representatives ensure that students are also involved in the decision-making process.
Your opinion is important to us – get involved!
Get elected as a board member on the QM Board or another committee, or pass your suggestions for improvement on to your student board representative or to the representative of AStA on your campus.
Any further questions or comments?
Quality Management Coordinator
Schwenningen Campus, Room C 1.01