Technical Physician (Master)
Master of Science - Taught in German & English - ACQUIN accredited
Work at the interface between man, medicine and technology
In a world in which doctors are faced with an ever-increasing technological complexity, the technical physician will redefine the interface between doctors and engineers, at the same time working closely with patients.
The Technical Physician (M.Sc.) degree programme is the response to the increasing demand for skilled personnel with a broad-ranging medical and technical background to work in this area.
The multidisciplinary approach of the degree programme makes possible a varied insight into innovative technologies and the latest methods and medical technical equipment, based on a solid technical and medical background.
|Degree awarded||Master of Science (MSc)|
|Duration of programme||3 or 4 semesters depending on undergraduate qualifications|
|Programme begin||summer semester (March) and winter semester (October)|
|Application deadline(s)||15 January & 15 July|
|Language of instruction||German/English|
|Academic entry requirements||Bachelor's degree in engineering, life sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 210 ETCS|
|Language requirements||fluent in German, excellent English skills|
|Pre-sessional course / Foundation course requirement||might be necessary to deepen knowledge in certain areas such as medicine or medical technology depending on the level of pre-existing knowledge, or if the undergraduate degree has fewer than 210 ECTS; additional course requirements will be defined on an individual basis by the programme director or the academic council;|
What's in it for me?
- New and forward-looking concept
- Learning of skills enabling work at the interface between man, medicine and technology with first-class career prospects
- Multidisciplinary degree programme
- Broad insight into innovative technologies, current methods and latest medical technical equipment
- Solid grounding in technical medical equipment based on sound technical and medical background
- Close involvement with patients
- Participation in research-oriented projects
- Wide-ranging project cooperation agreements with hospitals, industry and research institutes
- Well-respected university
- Lecturers with an academic, scientific and industrial background
- Small groups and individualized support
- European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion for Cardio-technology accredited training establishment
Further Information in German
As the Technical Physician Master's degree programme is taught primarily in German, please click here for more detailed information regarding the programme on our German webpages.
For further information on this study programme please contact: SDek-TPM(at)hs-furtwangen.de