Industrial Materials Engineering focuses on the use of modern materials in all technological areas within mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and medical engineering.
As an interdisciplinary degree programme, Industrial Materials Engineering specifically covers the areas of materials science and testing, manufacturing engineering, construction, polymers, ceramics, metals, and surface and nanotechnology.
Students explore various materials’ properties and use their expertise to develop new materials.
The Industrial Materials Engineering degree programme – very practical!
http://www.hfu-campus-tuttlingen.de/studiengaenge/industrial-materials-engineering/Studying materials engineering in Tuttlingen means you’ll study with 100 companies! Starting as early as the first semester, students are able to take advantage of the following practical opportunities as a result of the university’s strong links with industry:
- Placements in company laboratories
- Lecture series with experts from the industry
- Introduction to the specialist field of materials engineering with six to eight cooperating companies
- Mentoring by skilled experts and management staff from companies in the industry
- Placements focusing on the fundamentals of materials engineering, electrical engineering, physics, automation technology, computer science, metrology, and sensor technology
- Industrial placements in materials testing
- Projects (including student-designed projects) with companies in the industry