Medical Diagnostic Technologies (Master)
Master of Science
The degree programme
Medical Diagnostic Technologies is a multidisciplinary Master's programme which makes use of new laboratory and analysis techniques for medical diagnostics.
Students decide individually which area of molecular diagnostics they wish to specialize in. Typical areas are high throughput analysis, personalized medicine with immunological methods or the use of biomarkers, then validated by means of clinical studies.
The three-semester programme is aimed at postgraduates and graduates with a degree in the natural sciences or in medical programmes.
Good reasons to study Medical Diagnostic Technologies
- a multidisciplinary programme with an innovative approach to the interface of medicine, natural sciences and technology
- excellent career prospects in a wide variety of career paths
- qualifications for positions of responsibility in hospitals, industry and research institutes
- broad-ranging project collaborations
- a prestigious university with long-standing experience offering Bio and Process Technology, Molecular and Technical Medicine and Medical Engineering Bachelor's programmes and a Biomedical Engineering Master's programme
- excellent equipment and laboratory facilities on the Schwenningen Campus and in affiliated institutes
- small groups and individualized support
- first-rate lecturers with a background in science and industry
Undergraduate degree in the area of Life Sciences.
Duration of programme
The three-semester programme can be extended to four semesters if necessary to complete any qualifications lacking.