English language courses for teaching staff – whether at HFU or abroad – directly support the internationalization of research. A period of teaching abroad encourages the exchange of teaching content and methods, as well as intercultural and professional development. A research period abroad can pave the way for joint international research projects. The International Center is happy to help you if you are planning a period time abroad as a member of the teaching staff or a researcher and have any questions about financing available and the procedures necessary.


Teaching staff at HFU have a variety of programmes and financing options at their disposal in their aim of expanding the international dimension of teaching and research. You can find information about the ERASMUS+ Programme for the support of visiting lecturers at European universities here. Here you will find information about travel scholarships, programmes to fund short and long-term docentships and further funding programmes.

Language Courses

You want to improve your foreign language skills for teaching purposes? Or you would like to improve your proficiency in a foreign language in order to work on a joint research project? Click here for information on funding possibilities for language courses in the English-speaking world and foreign language courses for HFU staff.


Looking for testimonials for a research project at a partner university in Portugal or as a guest lecturer in Australia? Reports from academic teaching and scientific research staff who have already spent a professional development semester abroad can be found here.

Click on "News" for important dates and deadlines, as well as for an overview of events and current press releases.
(Photo: l-vista, pixelio.de)