There are basically two ways to apply for an exchange semester abroad:

1. Application to an HFU partner university
For a study place at a partner university you must apply at fixed times over the online portal of the International Center. More information about the organization and the application procedures can be found here.

2. Application to any other university worldwide as a Freemover
If you did not receive a place through the HFU exchange programme or wish to go to a university with which HFU does not have a cooperation agreement, then you can apply directly to any university of your choice as a so-called Freemover. Click here for more information about the application procedures.