No matter whether you would like to pursue a full degree at HFU or come for only one or two semesters as an exchange student, whether you want to do your doctorate, carry out a research project or participate in a staff exchange programme, Furtwangen University in the Black Forest offers a broad variety of options for your academic or employment career.

Students and academic staff from over 90 different countries around the world find their way to our three campuses in Furtwangen, Schwenningen und Tuttlingen. Furtwangen University is a well-respected university with a long history, which is located in the south-west of Germany. 

This video clip, made by some of our Digital Media students, gives you an idea of what student life at our university is like.


If you are interested in studying as an exchange or guest student at HFU or would like to do a full degree (Bachelor or Master), click here for more information about what studying for a degree at HFU involves, the programmes we offer, application procedures and financing options.

Information for refugees

If you are a refugee and are interested in studying at Furtwangen University, or you are you helping refugees who wish to study at a university, you will find all the information you need here.


Do you teach at one of our foreign partner universities and would like to teach at HFU? Or you are interested in taking part in one of our international research projects at HFU? Would you like to participate in a staff exchange programme? Click here for detailed information about teaching, research and work exchange programmes at HFU.