Excursions & Events
Get to know Germany
International students present their native countries with culinary specialities, dance and music. The International Festival takes place on the Furtwangen Campus in winter in the auditorium and in summer outside in the Robert-Gerwig Square in Furtwangen in cooperation with the town of Furtwangen. In summer an International Festival is also organized on the Schwenningen Campus by the HFU Business School.
- Freiburg - City tour
- Constance - City tour
- Heidelberg - City tour and castle visit
- Stuttgart - A night at the opera
- Stuttgart - Mercedes Benz Museum and Hohenzollern Castle
- Straßburg - Visit to the Christmas Market (winter semester only)
- Black Forest - Tour of the farmhouse museum (Vogtsbauernhöfe) (summer semester only)
3 Day Trip to Berlin and Potsdam
- City tour
- Palace of Sanssouci
- Visit to the parliament building (Reichstag)
- Visit to the Berlin Wall museum
Typical Activities in the region
- Hiking trip up the Furtwangen mountain "The Brend"
- Cross-country ski tour from the Brend to the Martinskapelle
- Cuckoo clock workshop in the German Clock Museum
Tan Nhat from Vietnam, studying Computer Networking in Furtwangen
I loved the excursion to Berlin most - it was so amazing there! I visited many famous places and I understood more about Germany’s history. Berlin was so amazing but I love Furtwangen more.