Step 2: Application
All applications to study at Furtwangen University must be submitted in writing directly to the university. Applications for admission to bachelor's programmes can be made online or by submitting the relevant application form to the HFU Admissions Office (Zulassungsamt):
Zulassungsamt der Hochschule Furtwangen
Tel: +49 (0)7723 920-1232 or -1233
Fax: +49 (0)7723 920-1239
Admissions Office opening hours
Mon-Fri: 9.00am -12.00pm
Mon-Thu: 1.30pm - 3.30pm
The official admissions application form and an information sheet with answers to important questions about completing the application can be downloaded and printed here.
The completed application form should be accompanied by:
- An officially authorized copy of the university entrance qualification certificate upon which the application is based
- Curriculum Vitae
- One photo (for the student ID card - the HFU-Card)
- Orientation test results, if available
- Proof of military or civilian service/voluntary service including confirmation of termination of service
- Notification of premature discharge from military or civilian service
- Copies of other documents for the selection process: any completed vocational training, practical work experience, extracurricular achievements, or activities undertaken (for a minimum of three months) abroad
- If relevant, a notification of exmatriculation from a prior university
- If relevant, statement or certificates as proof of hardship
- An indication of preferred language focus for the International Business (Internationale Betriebswirtschaft) (IBW) degree programme
- An indication of preferred language focus for the International Engineering (IEB) degree programme
- An officially authorized, unamended copy of the most recent transcript of grades
There is a separate International Business Management (IBM) application form. Important background information regarding the IBM application form should be read first. More detailed information on International Business Management (IBM) can be found on the HFU Business School webpages.
Further information regarding military and civilian service in German.
All degree programmes can be started at the beginning of either the winter semester or the summer semester.
The following degree programmes only accept applications for the winter semester:
- Electronics and Technical Computer Science (ETI)
- International Business Management (IBM)
- International Engineering (IEB)
- Information & Communications Systems (ICS)
- all degree programmes on the Tuttlingen campus
The application deadlines for all Bachelor's programmes are:
- For the next winter semester: 15 July
NOTE: for IBM (international and stateless applicants) – 15 April
- For the next summer semester: 15 January
Please note that these deadlines are strictly adhered to. Therefore, any applications received by Furtwangen University after the relevant deadline will be excluded from the admissions process. Where places are still available after the deadline, however, late applications will usually be accepted until the start of the lecture period.