Step 2. (A) Application to the Center for International Students (Studienkolleg) Constance
All foreign applicants with foreign high school qualifications must first apply to have these approved by the Center for International Students (Studienkolleg) at the University of Applied Sciences, Constance.
D 78462 Konstanz
Tel: +49 (0)7531 206361
The Center for International Students examines your qualifications and determines whether they are equivalent to the German qualifications.
The application form from the Center for International Students must be completed and submitted by the deadline accompanied by the following documents:
- University entrance qualification from the home country (one officially certified copy of the diploma, and a translation into German; no translation is necessary if the original is in English or French)
- An official transcript of courses taken and grades from the original certificates with a translation into German or English
- Language certificates, proof of language courses taken
- Curriculum Vitae including all school education and training courses taken
- Two passport photographs
- Transcripts of records from previous university studies, matriculation certificate, proof of successful university admission tests
- Certificate from previous application to a Center for International Students if available
- Certificate from the Academic Testing Center (Akademische Prüfstelle - APS) in Beijing (only for Chinese applicants)
- Applicants from China, Vietnam and Mongolia need a original certificate from the Academic Testing Center (APS) in the German Embassy in Beijing, Hanoi or Ulan Bator.
Important: Please do not send any original documents (except those from the APS). Please send only authorized copies. Outside Germany, only authorized copies issued by German embassies and consulates conform to the required standards.
Application deadlines at the Center for International Students:
For entry in the spring semester: 1 November
For entry in the winter semester: 1 May
Step 2. (B) Application to Furtwangen University
Application to Furtwangen University is not possible until approval from the Center for International Students Constance has been gained.
The following documents are required:
- Furtwangen University application form
- Certificate of Approval from the Center for International Students in Constance and the foreign certificates upon which this is based
- Proof of adequate German language proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae
- One passport photo (for the student ID card)
- Orientation test
- Residence permit
Zulassungsamt der Hochschule Furtwangen
Tel.: 07723 920-1232 oder -1233
Fax: 07723 920-1239
Mo-Fr 9.00 - 12.00am
Mo-Do 1.30 -3.30pm
For all study programmes it is possible to apply to start in both the winter and the summer semester with the following exceptions which only have a winter intake:
- International Business Management (IBM)
- International Engineering (IEB)
- All study programmes on the Tuttlingen Campus
Application deadlines for all Bachelor's study programmes is:
- 15 July for winter semester
(IBM: 15 April for foreigners and stateless persons)
- 15 January for summer semester
These deadlines are final, i.e. applications which are submitted to Furtwangen University after these deadlines will not be accepted.