Step 5. Enrolment (Matriculation)

The unconditional offer from the university and the timely acceptance of this offer give the applicant the right of a study place. Upon enrolment the applicant becomes a student.
Enrolment generally takes place:

  • beginning to middle of March for the summer semester
  • beginning to middle of September for the winter semester

You must enroll in person. In exceptional cases you may give written authorisation for another person to act on your behalf.

Enrolment is carried out in the Student Administration Office (Prüfungsamt):

  • in Furtwangen in Room A 1.19
  • in Schwenningen in room B 0.04
  • in TUT in room A 2.10

Payment of Fees

Before enrolling, you must transfer payment of any required fees to the university account. Currently the fees payable are as follows:

Type of FeeAmount
Administration Fee
Student Services Fee (Studierendenwerksbeitrag)€47
Student Union Contribution (Studierendenschaftsbeitrag)€13

Documents required for Enrolment

The following documents should be presented during enrolment:

  • Letter of acceptance (Zulassungsbescheid)
  • Proof of valid medical insurance
  • Enrolment application (Antrag auf Einschreiben)
  • Any missing documents listed in the letter of acceptance

Student Administration Office (Prüfungsamt) Opening Hours

Furtwangen and Schwenningen Campuses
Monday, Tuesday, Friday9.00am - 11.30am
Wednesday12.30pm - 2.30pm
Thursday closed
Tuttlingen Campus
Monday1.45pm - 3.45pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday9.15am - 11.45am

Contact: Student Affairs Office

Student ID Card - HFU-Card
In the first week of lectures you will receive your student ID card, the so-called HFU-Card, and matriculation certificate (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung), which is needed for example if you intend to apply for a student loan (BAföG) or for family allowance.