Student Jobs

It is possible to take on so-called 450-Euro jobs or jobs as a student assistant (so-called Hiwis) but this can affect any BAfög funding and tax and social insurance must be paid on it. We recommend you talk to the BAföG counsellors about this before you take on such a job.

Please note: special regulations apply to international students on a study visa. More information regarding special regulations for international students can be found here.

Counselling (personal, by E-Mail or by telephone) regarding student jobs, taxes and insurance

Karl-Heinz Hermle
Studentenwerk Freiburg
Tel: 0761 2101-233
E-Mail: hermle(at)
Web: Sozialberatung 
Beratungstermine an der HFU

Counselling regarding BAFöG and student jobs
Kurt Fritsch, Sabine Macha
Studentenwerk Freiburg
Counselling appointments at HFU
Please make an appointment at least 2 days before by 12.00 noon at: bafoeg(at)

Hiwi Jobs:
There are a limited number of on-campus student assistant jobs available in the faculties and in central services such as the library, the Language Center, the International Center or the marketing department. Students often need to have a good command of German. Information about positions available can be found by contacting the faculty or department directly.

Offers can be found here.