Social Services

A social services counsellor from Student Services Freiburg advises all students, in particular international studient, students with children and students with a disability or chronic illness in the following areas:

  • Questions about social insurance, unemployment payments, benefits payments, residence laws, etc.
  • Accident, personal liability and theft insurance
  • Help with finding childcare
  • Advice about medical care and health insurance for foreign students
  • Assistance with finding the right people who can help you, e.g. other counselling services, government departments and authorities

Barbara Toth
Studentenwerk Freiburg
Tel: 0761 2101-233
E-Mail: sozialberatung(at)

Office hours:
Mon. + Tues. 9.00am - 12.00 noon
Thurs. 1.30 - 4.00pm
and by appointment